Monday, July 28, 2008

Ghost Towns

Packed up, moved away, runnin' from the past
Leaving behind the dusty dreams and broken glass
Used to be a busy town
Now everybody passes through, but they don't stick around
~"Nobody Home," Amy Grant
I love the abandoned and derelict. Boarded up buildings fascinate me. I want to explore. To uncover haunting little mysteries now forgotten. To revive that which was once loved.

Oddee.com listed the 10 Most Amazing Ghost Towns. And I want to go. Now. Someone, let's tour the world in search of shells of life, where time now stands still. Some proposed stops along the way:

Kolmanskop, Namibia

Craco, Italy

Kadykchan, Russia

Check out the rest here.

Shadows of the past makes my head spin. I want to know more. I create histories that never were. I rebuild in the back of my mind.

I am inspired by the emptiness.

No comments: