Thursday, July 31, 2008

Canada Geese: A Horror Story


When I was little, I went to the zoo with my family. We were picnicking in a grassy area. I was eating French fries. And suddenly, a Canada goose was staring me in the eye. And then it snatched the fry out of my mouth, almost kissing me. Or almost biting my face off.

To this day, the Canada goose remains the only reason I would ever take up the sport of hunting. And enjoy it.

This poster for the Canadian Filmmakers Festival is almost perfect. Because there's truth in it. Her expression does need a smidgen of more terror in it, though. Had Hitchcock directed a horror flick entitled The Geese, I would probably consider it the most terrifying thing ever to grace the silver screen.

See all the posters here.
Thanks, Dad, for the link.

No comments: