Sunday, July 27, 2008

Defying Gravity



I want to be Idina Menzel. Not because she's married to Taye Diggs. But because she was Elphaba, the woman who would be the Wicked Witch of the West. And in case you have forgotten, I consider Wicked to be a perfect slice of Broadway genius. I could listen to the soundtrack on repeat. Especially the above song. And it still makes me feel like a 9-year-old. In a really good way.

And now there are rumors, not surprisingly, of a film adaptation. Because everything gets adapted. You'll probably see On Her Toes hitting cinemas in the next decade.

I'm a little torn about the idea. I'm all up for spreading the "Defying Gravity" love, but I don't want studio execs screwing it up, casting Miley Cyrus et al to appeal to a younger crowd. Check out my MovieZen post for my thoughts.

P.S. Do you not absolutely adore Kristin Chenoweth? She completely deserved her Emmy nomination for Pushing Daisies.

P.P.S. I miss acting. And tonight, I'm almost craving the stage.

No comments: