Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch: 1960-2008


Randy Pausch died today.

Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon professor who became a YouTube phenomenon with his "Last Lecture," died Friday of complications from pancreatic cancer. He was 47. He died at his home in southern Virginia. [...]

"I knew what I was doing that day," he wrote in the introduction of his best-selling book, also titled The Last Lecture. "Under the ruse of giving an academic lecture, I was trying to put myself in a bottle that would one day wash up on the beach for my children."

source

I'm glad I spent a sick day with him once upon a time. Because, sure, his lecture was for his kids, but it was also for every 20-something daydreamer in need of a challenge.

Watch his last lecture here. Cry a little. And then go live intentionally.

No comments: