Sunday, July 06, 2008

Whatever Happened to Colin Hanks?


Bud Brumder: A writer? What do you have to write about? You're not oppressed. You're not gay.

I'll admit it. I loved Orange County. Because it was a smart teen movie disguised as a dumb teen movie. Because Colin Hanks had the everyman approachability of his father without being, well, his father. Because, at 19, I was not allowed to have a crush on Tom. It violated my nine-year rule. And my no-married-men rule.

Also starring in Orange County is Schuyler Fisk, Sissy Spacek's daughter. I'm slightly fascinated my the spawn of Hollywood's A-list. Specifically the talented, non-rehabbed ones. You know, the Bryce Dallas Howards. Even the Mariska Hargitays. But not Kate Hudson. I don't think we would be friends.

And new on my radar is Mamie Gummer, Meryl Streep's daughter. And as is the trend, I've blogged about her over at MovieZen. So go read it. And then when she becomes famous in a year or so, you can claim you anticipated such a rise to stardom.

Mr. Burke: Now, when I say "Romeo and Juliet," who comes to mind?
Dana: Claire Danes?
Mr. Burke: That's right, Claire Danes. Who else?
Chad: Leonardo DiCaprio.
Mr. Burke: Right. Who else? Well, you know, someone else was involved in that movie who, in some ways, is as famous as Leonardo DiCaprio. And his name is William Shakespeare. And some great movies have been made based on his plays: Hamlet, West Side Story, The Talented Mr. Ripley, Waterworld, Gladiator, Chocolat....

No comments: