Thursday, January 22, 2009

Oscar Watch

The Academy Award nominations were announced today. Here's the list. You'll notice that The Dark Knight was not nominated for Best Picture. Nor was Wall-E. Bruce Springsteen was not nominated for Best Original Song. Clint Eastwood was not nominated for Best Actor. Sally Hawkins was not nominated for Best Actress.

But Slumdog Millionaire grabbed a pile of nods, so I'm quite content. Not as many as Benjamin Button, though....

One year ago today, Heath Ledger died. On the anniversary of his death, he's nominated for an Oscar. Life is weird.

Aside: The Dark Knight is coming back to the IMAX near me. Should I go? Should you go with me?

For those of you who haven't seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (I actually quite enjoyed it, although the surreal concept makes it pretty impossible to relate to on a gut level. And I like to be sucker-punched at the movies), watch this. If you've seen Forrest Gump, you've seen Benjamin Button.

Yes, there are spoilers. You are warned.

No comments: