Saturday, January 10, 2009

Dangerous Doesn't Scare Me


Mack was getting frustrated. He spoke louder, "But, don't I have the right to..."

"To complete a sentence without being interrupted? No, you don't. But as long as you think you do, you will surely get ticked off when someone cuts you off, even if it is God."

~The Shack

I started reading The Shack over the holidays. I haven't finished, so I won't post any sort of conclusive opinion yet. 

I've heard people call this book dangerous. Then again, I've also heard people call Brian McLaren dangerous.

So far, I would not be scared to meet this novel in a dark alley. Just as I would not run screaming from Brian. But maybe that's just me. I am fearless. 

And I'm a mess.

"This mess is you! Together, you and I, we have been working with a purpose in your heart. And it is wild and beautiful and perfectly in process. To you it seems like a mess, but to me, I see a perfect pattern emerging and growing and alive -- a living fractal."

~The Shack

No comments: