Saturday, September 20, 2008

It Happened Last Night: Matt Hires

He's young, super-talented, a little shy and completely endearing. But not in a cuddly way. In a cool way. There is a difference. And not Jonas Brothers-young either. Whew. I'd sign him to my label if I had one. And I may have met him. And I may own his EP. And I may have quickly fired a text message to BC to confirm his cuteness. Maybe.

Oh, how I fall victim to the "acoustic guitar + boy" combination. Especially with material like this:

Honey, let me sing you a song
And listen to my words as they come out wrong
But don't run away, run away this time

Honey, let me look in your eyes
And you open them one at a time
But don't look away, look away this time

I should have written that song. Especially the "as they come out wrong" line. But he got to it first.

Honey, Let Me Sing You A Song - Matt Hires

Check out his MySpace page. Be his friend.

No comments: