Friday, August 08, 2008

Living Single

I'm roommate-less. This isn't necessarily the result of some grand living strategy, but I quite enjoy it. When you live alone, you can do Pilates in front of American Idol, eat salads out of mixing bowls, change into pajamas before the sun goes down, and play the piano at midnight. I also don't get lonely or bored easily. Which makes me either highly evolved or hermetic, I'm not sure which.

I'm not opposed to living with someone. And I certainly don't want to still be sitting alone in this tiny apartment decades from now. But at this particular moment in time, I'm content with the solo scene.

I do know that I won't be using Craigslist to find my next flatmate. Because this is what I might get.

Thanks, Kathleen, for contributing the Friday fun.



***Living Single was one of the first sitcoms I ever subtitled. That was three years ago. I can't believe I've had a job for three years. I can almost retire.

No comments: