Sunday, February 01, 2009

Halftime Postmortem

I didn't really get Bruce Springsteen tonight. I didn't connect. I didn't want to be there. I was distracted by slightly off-key vocals and some awkward stage antics. And his crotch. Maybe I'm into subtle rockers. I don't know. I apologize if this makes me a horrible human being.

Speaking of crotches (best segue ever), today was the second time Bruxy mentioned "crushed testicles" at church. This is a fact. I have no opinion on the matter. I am not a boy. (Although such a situation sounds rather uncomfortable.)

Last year's Tom Petty halftime was my kind of show. "Free Fallin'" is what got me through my longest run ever this week (yes, folks, over 5k already!), so he's officially my best friend. I want to be a Heartbreaker. Literally.




Of course, I'd have to pick U2 as my all-time favorite. Hands down. No argument. Ever. Although it's a little awkward to watch now, as it's so saturated with 9/11 aftermath. But still, I want to be 1/16th as awesome as Bono when I grow up.




Okay, so Bono's 150% non-subtle. But no crotch shots. Ah, I don't know what I want. I guess I just wanted something more from the Boss. That's all.

Although I'm thankful he didn't invite Britney to duet with him while wearing a sport sock on her wrist. I'm still not sure how I feel about the *NSYNC-meets-Aerosmith year.

"You are Aero-Sync."

Britney and her sock arm appear at 8:22. If you care.



P.S. Is it wrong that I prefer Justin Timberlake doing robotic choreographed lunges over his music now? Pre-Janet Jackson-fiasco Justin. Semi-love him.

No comments: