Highlight of the Grammys: Adele
(I'd also like to award Adele with Best Dressed. Love everything about her.)
"Chasing Pavements" is my favorite song of 2008. Followed by Sugarland's "Stay." I like the super-honest, sweetly haunting, slightly uncomfortable stuff, apparently.
And yes, I'm admitting to being a Sugarland fan. It became official about a month ago, when I realized that a song that lyrically doesn't really reflect my life resonates quite strongly with me. Yep, I magically relate to a song about being the other woman.
(But I totally relate to "Chasing Pavements" lyrically. 'Cause I'm a girl.)
I want Jennifer Nettles and Adele to go on tour together. I'll join them and sell T-shirts.
Surprise Reaction of Non-Hate: Kid Rock
I can't explain it, but the man no longer creeps me out. "Amen" was pretty rockin'. He should wear a suit (or anything with sleeves, really) more often. I think I'd like to hang out with him at a backyard BBQ. I bet he grills a mean steak. Yep, I live to shock you.
Other random thoughts:
- Alison Krauss, though mute for most of the night, had a gorgeous dress. Forgot to do her hair, though.
- Miley Cyrus should be grounded until she's 18.
- Jonas Brothers + Stevie Wonder = surprisingly non-horrible. "Together again." Ha.
- Jennifer Hudson brings out the gospel choir. My kryptonite.
- Bono wears darker eye shadow than I do. And when he sings "sexy boots," I am certain he is singing about my boots of the same name. Yes, I name my boots.
- I'm glad Chris Martin acknowledged that his band was wearing pastel rip-offs of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band attire. 'Cause they were.
- Boyz II Men are officially a backup band.
- I would never perform on my due date. Ever.
- I want to be Jennifer Nettles. Oh, did I imply that already? Silly me.
- I went to bed before Radiohead played. This makes me the most uncool person ever. Probably.
Beth, thanks for introducing me to Adele. You have the gift of musical matchmaking.