Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday with Katy

I'm not blogging tonight. Because I'm a Katy Perry concert. With a friend I haven't seen since her wedding FIVE YEARS AGO. I couldn't find any vintage pin-up pieces in my closet. Fashion fail.

You change your mind
Like a girl changes clothes
I once tried on the majority of my wardrobe just to go to a movie with a guy. A casual evening. With someone who could care less about fashion.

But I've also gone to the movies in worn-out cords and a stained shirt. With another guy who could care less about fashion.

Neither event morphed into a passionate love affair.* Apparently clothes have little to do with anything. Although I still choose to wear them. And change them.

*Oddly, the stained-shirt evening resulted in greater pursuit on the guy's part. Dirty is sexy. (Literal dirt, not Christina Aguilera "Dirty.") Nice guy, too. But I ran. 'Cause I'm hot and I'm cold....

Oh, and if you can't imagine that I would have a favorite Katy Perry song, you are wrong. This is it. It's on my iPod. I live to shock you.



Pastors' daughters, unite!

P.S. Less than a month until I see Flight of the Conchords live!
P.P.S. Today I scored tickets for U2's September show. My musical world is exploding into greatness.
P.P.P.S. I've never kissed a girl. And I'm trying to keep it that way.

No comments: