Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Belated YouTube Tuesday: Girls' Day

Yesterday was Girls' Day in Japan. It was also Square Root Day (3/3/09), but I'm not really in a mathematical mood.

So in honor of Girls' Day, let's have some nostalgic little-girl fun.

With the Chipettes.




Why did I always relate to the one with the glasses? (Jeanette. I Googled.) Even before I wore glasses. And Jessie Spano instead of Kelly Kapowski. I guess I just embraced my inner brainy-non-cheerleader at a young age.

Girls' Day with Zac Efron.



Confession: I can't not run when this starts playing on my iPod. It's just so darn catchy and fun. And lyrically quite hilariously sketchy. Yes, I'll be running to this when I tackle my first official 5k this summer.

And is it really ladies' choice? I've had this discussion with some rather respectable men who firmly believe that women hold such power. I'm on the fence. The fence of complete disagreement.

Girls' Day with Eric Hutchinson.

Yep, Eric and I are still going strong. LOVE him. And "You Don't Have to Believe Me" is my girl-power anthem. (Well, this and Sugarland's "Settlin'." More on that later.) And it's another running* song.

*I wonder how many times I can type "running" this evening. It might convince me to head back to the gym.

If I were a boy, I'd dress like him. And then I'd sing this song to every girl on the planet.

Lyrics are here. For some reason, I can't find a YouTube version that ends with this:
But you sure better believe me
When I tell you your mind's what's hot
Start at 3:50.



Maybe I should just buy a vest and get over this whole dress-like-a-boy insanity. Sheesh.


Okay, off to watch Lost. My phone will be off. Just to warn you.

No comments: