Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Once I Go Mac...

...I won't go back. Or so I've heard.


This evening, I ordered the MacBook of my [freelancing] dreams. It won't be long before I'm typing away on the beach. Or in a castle. Or on a mountainside.

Or in a coffee shop. A nice one.

Perhaps I should name it Toby. Because...
Toby Mac, and the Mac is back no slack....
Expect novels to start spewing from my fingertips. At rapid speed. Projectile word vomit.



For those of you who don't get the Toby Mac reference, see below (at 0:55). And pretend it's 1994. Yes, soon I will be THAT cool.



Or I could go with Bernie Mac.
Or Big Mac.
Or Joey (McIntyre).

I should go to bed now.

Oh, wait. MacGyver!!!

9 comments:

Beth said...

And the Mac is back, no SLACK...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Please name it Toby.

PLEEEEAAAASSSSE.

Or just straight up "Mac Daddy."

~drea said...

Ewww a Mac. I'm sorry I can't be supportive. But I continue to love you unconditionally ;)

oncoffee said...

you will be right up there with the russian president
http://cultofmac.com/russian-president-medvedev-a-mac-user/4482

michael lewis said...

Apparently the Obama's are Mac users as well (no reference to link, sorry!, too lazy to find it).

If you're really going to include beaches, castles, and mountain tops or sides as places to use your Mac, I strongly urge you to consider an appropriate case for your beloved (pronounced bee-luv-ed).

Check out the cases from Pelican: the 1090CC is likely your best option. Joanne and I both have the slightly smaller 1080CC, though I had to cut out some of the liner to fit in the 13" MacBook.

They aren't quite "fashionable", but they're waterproof, dustproof, crushproof, etc. etc. The best protection for your Mac. I can get a hefty discount for you from one of my corporate suppliers, if you're interested.

Silas said...

join the posse! another case option is a simple neoprene sleeve from MEC: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302699713&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442621950

oncoffee said...

here's an obama link - got to love the pac-man sticker on the mac
http://www.boingboing.net/2008/11/12/barack-is-mac.html

Anonymous said...

This is the best blog post that quotes DC Talk that I have read today. Thanks for that stroll down memory lane.

michael lewis said...

@ SSS:

How many blog posts do you read, on a daily average, which quote DC Talk??

Sarah J. said...

Okay, you know my vote is TOTALLY for MacGyver! Ha!