Saturday, November 29, 2008

Geek Chic

I've been thinking about new glasses. And I'm inexplicably drawn the geekiness of Leanne Marshall's* clunky pair. And her bangs. I think I want bangs. Again, I'm not sure why.

A recent trip to the optical store had a friend and I concluding that I can, in fact, pull off grandpa frames. Which is appropriate, as I've recently been craving a wardrobe of cardigans, leather satchels, plaid shirts and boots.

I'm not sure if I want to look like a nerd, an old man, or a hipster.


*For those not in the know, Leanne's the latest winner of Project Runway. Maybe I really just want to be able to make gowns out of old tires....

1 comment:

Walking Church said...

I hear horned rimmed glasses are back...gigglin

I think Palin was killin the weaker gender with those hot librarian glasses...just a thought.

happy hunting; just stay away from those lenses that make one look like Mr McGoo!!!