Wednesday, June 18, 2008

She Works Hard for the Money

Who DOESN'T write in fishnets?

I believe I'm developing some sort of occupational ADD. I'm feeling significantly more scattered and distracted than usual. A subconscious itching, perhaps, for something a little more.... Well, more.

This is going to sound slightly insane (even bordering on nonsensical), but I've decided to be a workaholic for the summer. I know, I know, it's probably not the most logical strategy for overcoming a distracted mind. But I have my reasons. Some of them make sense.

I need to test my time-management skills. My drive. My ability to multi-task and my discipline for freelance. So while my inner Lazy Girl is hardly excited about the long hours that await me in the coming weeks, Delayed-Gratification Girl (my superhero alter ego) will be doing her "You can thank me now" dance in a few months. Or at least that's the plan.

So I'll be hanging out at the office this Saturday. Before blogging for four other sites. And possibly adapting a book into a play. Oh, and writing crossword clues.

Bring it on.*

*By "it," I mean "a very long nap."

No comments: