Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Random

Okay, so I wasn't exactly tagged. But I'm going to pretend that had Beth tagged someone, she would have tagged me.

Side note: My brother wants me to write a movie called The Random. Apparently it doesn't need a plot.

Ten random things about me.

I could probably list ten random things about me every day for the rest of my life. So I'll try to limit this to just ten. As per the rules. Because I like rules. And maybe I'll share more next week.

1. When I was in the fourth grade, I lost a spelling bee by spelling "lose" L-O-O-S-E. Just last week, I saw a CityPulse headline that read "Blue Jays Loose" and I had a traumatic flashback.

2. In public school, I journaled rather extensively about taking my dog and cat to the park.
I've never owned a dog. Or a cat.

3. I hate the sound of toenails being clipped on the streetcar. Why, people, why?

4. Sometimes I miss my perm.

5. I can't do impersonations or accents. Unless I'm singing. In which case, I can break out the cockney for "Oom-Pah-Pah" or my inner New Yawker for the Newsies soundtrack.

6. In university, I wrote songs about my friends in residence on a cheap little keyboard. The classic was:

Nikki, Nikki, with braids in your hair
You cured Jane's Addiction but don't know what to wear


7. I was on a Bible quiz team in high school. The buzzers were pressure-sensitive. In the bench seats. It was like doing squats and quoting scripture at the same time. (This photo captures it brilliantly.)

8. I can say "shut up" and "I don't care" in Portuguese. That's all I can say in Portuguese.

9. In the fourth grade, my archenemy accused me of washing my hair with spiders. It was shortly after I accused her of hypocrisy, I believe. Apparently fourth grade was rough.

10. I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. But I think who I am is more important than what I am....

1 comment:

Walking Church said...

Knowing 'who you are in Christ - priceless!'

Sad, thing I never knew to what extent until the last several years!