Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Dead Boyfriend's Fictional Wife

I've probably posted enough about Jimmy Stewart in the past month or so to fill the dead-boyfriend-entries quota until Christmas. But I like to surpass quotas.

The actor who played Little George Bailey, Bobby Anderson, died quite recently, so I offered a little tribute to him and my favorite Christmas film over at MovieZen.

So instead of talking about Jimmy, let's chat about his fictional wife, shall we?


Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for.

~Mary, It's a Wonderful Life
I want to be Donna Reed. Or at least the Donna Reed-as-Mary Bailey. I want to sing under the stars in a borrowed bathrobe, wish on an abandoned building, share my husband's heart for the poor, name my daughter Zuzu, plan a Christmas party in a perfect drafty old house, and step up and save my beloved from ruin when he thinks his hope is gone.

Okay, maybe not Zuzu.
George Bailey, I'll love you 'til the day I die.

~Little Mary, It's a Wonderful Life

No comments: