Saturday, May 17, 2008

Of Fraggles and Wild Things

Yesterday, I was quite determined to go shopping after work. That is, until my workday ended. The moment I left the office, I became obsessed with the idea of sweatpants and my couch. All paycheck-spending inspiration had vanished. So I went home and embraced coziness.

Had I gone shopping, there is a pretty significant chance that I would have bought this shirt at Urban Outfitters:
Because it's the gnarliest thing, this '80s obsession. It's funny how I didn't realize that I had a Utopian childhood until My Little Pony and Smurfs merchandise started popping up a few years ago. But now it's all about nostalgia immersion. Everyone is making a comeback. The New Kids are "Hangin' Tough." Whitney Houston has an album in the works. Indiana Jones is back. And I have leggings on my shopping list.

And perhaps most exciting of all, a Where the Wild Things Are movie is in the works. Starring the always-rad Paul Dano and Forest Whitaker.

Also in preproduction stages is a Fraggle Rock flick. A live-action musical, to be more precise. Head over to MovieZen, and I'll tell you all about it.

And this is how you end a blog entry about nostalgic consumerism:
Leonardo: We were awesome!
Michaelangelo: Bodacious!
Raphael: Bitchin'!
Donatello: Uh....
Michaelangelo: Gnarly!
Leonardo: Radical!
Raphael: Totally tubular, dude!
Michaelangelo: Wicked!
Leonardo: Hellacious!
Donatello: Uh, mega....
Splinter: Ahem. I have always liked.... Cowabunga.
All: COWABUNGA!
Splinter: I made a funny!

No comments: