Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fake Boyfriend, Real Concert

Ryan Gosling and I have been a fake item for quite some time. Probably since the days of Breaker High. He and Christian Bale were the under-the-radar actors I swooned over while everyone else pined for DiCaprio and Pitt.

Bale got married and became Batman.
Gosling stayed single and started a band.

And now Gosling's band, Dead Man's Bones, is going on tour. And when they come to Toronto in October, children's choir in tow, I will probably be there. Not to faint or squeal or send telepathic love notes, but to support a local boy with an original sound.

It's hard to explain to some people that I wouldn't actually date Gosling. Ever. I know enough to say no. I'd hate to have to break his heart.

So I'll watch The Notebook and cry. I'll recommend Lars and the Real Girl to everyone I meet. I'll support his music. But I won't go home with him. Sorry, folks. This is one anticlimactic fake love story.

P.S. Listen to the single "My Body's a Zombie For You." Kind of amazing.

P.P.S. Let me know if you want to go. While I'm usually cool with going places solo, I feel as though I need to assert my non-romantic interest in Gosling by bringing a date.

P.P.P.S. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

7 comments:

Beth said...

i loved breaker high.

um, this reminds me...can i stay with you for a few days in october? i'm emailing you now.

.sam.wellhauser. said...

when is the concert and price?

nadine said...

Beth: Hopefully. Let's chat and make it work!

Sam: October 20th. 7 p.m. $15.00

Julia said...

Deans,
I'll go with you!
Lisa from YSM is going to the concert too!
Can't wait to see you in a few days.
Jules

Karen said...

Oh, thanks for the alert, Nadine! I'm going to look for tickets on the West Coast.

.sam.wellhauser. said...

mmm might i might be able to swing that..

nadine said...

I just ordered my ticket. Julia and Sam, head over to Ticketmaster and get yours! ($15 + a million little charges = $21)

I need some girlfriend support here :)