Saturday, August 08, 2009

Say It Loud

"I'm single, okay?" I shouted, emphatically quoting myself in a hypothetical conversation. Sometimes you need to make a point, even when the situation's fiction.

"Uh, Nadine, would you like to say that louder? Maybe stand on a soapbox?"

I was so caught up in the girl-talk-while-walking that I hadn't paid much attention to my surroundings. It was dark. The neighborhood was sketchy. Men stood in small packs outside poorly maintained bar patios. And I was stating, essentially, that I was available. To them.

Shoot.

So I shut up and went inside. And played Rock Band.

P.S. Beth's post resonates with me tonight. I'm tired of being "great, but...."
P.P.S. Totally unrelated, this post almost made me cry today. John Hughes was a great man.

4 comments:

Walking Church said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Walking Church said...

I deleted above...check out 'I will exalt You' by the Hillsong gang (Faith+Hope+Love)...i have a You tube clip...today's post....Brook!

Julia said...

You do have the best timing my friend! And that is one of the 500 reasons why I love you!

Julia said...

Ok so I read Beth's post and it was so bang on. Here's what my Mentor shared with me one day...

“The meanest most contemptible kind of praise is that which first speaks well of a man, and then qualifies it with a ‘but’” – Henry Ward Beecher