Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Usual

I ordered a spinach salad with chicken today for lunch. The guy at the counter looked at me and smiled.
GUY: Didn't we do this earlier this week?
ME: Yep. I guess I'm pretty predictable.
GUY: But you were wearing something different.
Apparently take-out guys notice these things. I hope he liked Monday's dress. 'Cause today was a jeans day.

And while some gals would be unnerved by such observation (and subsequently persuaded to cut back on spinach salads), I'm considering this an opportunity to finally be a "regular" somewhere. Because my new work neighborhood is full of strangers. I miss the convenience-store man who used to ask my coworkers about me when I failed to visit his little haven of junk food and carbonated beverages.

It's fun to be known.

No comments: