Monday, July 06, 2009

Preemptive Answer to Prayer

I couldn't find a rather important piece of paper this morning. I'm talking "medical-records important." (No, I'm not dying. So calm down.) I had approximately three minutes before I would miss the bus. Instant shift to stressed-out mode.

I wanted to swear and pray at the same time. Which can be awkward. Although it's very possible. Believe me.

"God, I don't--"

And there it was. I didn't need to finish the thought. And I caught my bus.

God and I need a date. Tonight. He finishes my thoughts, and yet I still so often fail to trust Him with them. ("God, it's not you, it's me." Always the case. And yet never a deal-breaker. He sticks around.)


1 comment:

Silas said...

"it's not you, it's me" sounds strangely familiar from so many places..... :)