Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"I've been reading a lot of books on tape...."

Jeremy: So, can I kiss you or what?
Mirabelle: The point being?
Ever see Shopgirl? It's so painfully awkward and endearing. Especially Jason Schwartzman's speech about amps. ("Amplifiers are so under-appreciated....") This has nothing to do with anything. Except that, like Mirabelle, I think too much. But unlike Mirabelle, I have no intentions of ever making out with Steve Martin.

I was going to blog about one thing, but then got distracted. And then I was going to write about something else, but self-censorship got in the way. And then I checked my email too many times, ate too much sugar, and embraced today as Neurotic Wednesday.

It's probably better to consciously indulge in insane thinking on occasion than to let it creep into my everyday life. I'm now trying to find a way to channel this awkward energy into something creative.

In completely unrelated news, I told people how to dress like Sandra Bullock today.

No comments: