Thursday, September 03, 2009

Today is the Day


This song was my pep talk today.

I was having a "reevaluate everything" moment a few days ago. I thought about the people I admire most: the dreamers, the risk-takers, the God-trusters. Conversations in the past month or so have been reinforcing my desire to fearlessly embrace life's great adventures. And while it's easier to say than translate into reality, I really do having nothing to lose. If there's ever a time when I can throw myself headfirst into the great unknown and madly pursue whatever it is that makes me tick, it's now.

Today is the day, indeed.
I putting my fears aside
I'm leaving my doubts behind
I'm giving my hopes and dreams to You
Jesus

I'm reaching my hands to Yours
Believing there's so much more
Knowing that all You have in store for me is good
Is good

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! I am rapidly approaching my mid-30s, but as I look back over the past 15 years, I certainly don't regret the decision to pack up my few belongings into my sky-blue K-car and move up to northern Ontario to kick off my career as a paramedic at the tender age of 20, or leaving that rural ambulance service a few years later to begin working for Canada's largest ambulance service in Canada's largest city, or the time I spent in Alberta and BC and Florida and California and Scotland and England and Australia and Cyprus and Egypt and Israel and The Bahamas and Mexico, or the times I hurled myself out of airplanes or off of jumps on my mountain bike and snowboard, or the dozens of mosh pits at punk shows that I've charged headlong into, or the relationships I've started and ended, or choosing to spend the rest of my life with someone... And now that I'm getting older and spending much more time playing boardgames with friends than trading punches with them in makeshift boxing rings, and now that I'm preparing to move to a new city and purchase my first home and have my first child and start to consider a new career, some would say that I'm settling into a nice, comfortable domestic lifestyle, but for me this is perhaps the scariest time of all and requires more faith than anything else I've done previously! But no matter what stage I'm at in life, I can look back with a great deal of fondness at the risks I've taken, the fears I've conquered, and the adventures I've had.

So go for it! Pursue your dreams while you are young! What have you got to loose?

-Josh

nadine said...

Wow. Thanks for the awesome encouragement, Josh!

As of September 16th, I will be a freelance writer. Yep, day-jobless. Super-scary. But I'm up for the adventure of not knowing what's next :)