Monday, September 21, 2009

The 2009 Primetime Emmys

Emmy-viewing stream of consciousness. From Orillia.
  • I heart Neil Patrick Harris. So much. Opening number = success.
  • Tina Fey looks abso-freaking-lutely amazing. Better every year.
  • Neil said "dagnabbit." Officially my favorite person EVER. For now.
  • "Here's hoping Kanye West likes 30 Rock."
  • Tina Fey and Jon Hamm. Together. The way things should be.
  • "Comedy is just drama with less smoking."
  • All the Supporting Actress nominees are wearing hilarious eyewear. I don't know why. But I like it. (Amy Poehler's idea, apparently.)
  • Kristin Chenoweth is adorable! "I'm unemployed now, so I'd like to be on Mad Men. I also like The Office and 24." I think we'd be friends.
  • Comedy writing....30 Rock. I weep for Flight of the Conchords. But I'm still happy. Happy weeping.
  • Jon Cryer wins?! Oh, Duckie.
  • Justin Timberlake should quit music and become a regular SNL member. Just sayin'.
  • Toni Collette: "This is insanely confronting." WHAT?! But okay.
  • Blake and Leighton cannot dress themselves. They're better in fiction.
  • Rob Lowe. Turned down Grey's Anatomy for Dr. Vegas. Ha!
  • I love Steve Carell.
  • Alec Baldwin?! Again?! I still love Steve Carell. And Jemaine Clement.
  • Reality TV. Hmm. Jeff Probst. I approve. Sort of.
  • Jeff just told me to do what I'm doing. The whole "go for your dream" thing. Thanks, Jeff.
  • The Amazing Race. I can live with that. (Anyone wanna be my partner for next season's race? I'm good with heights if you agree to eat the weird-animal testicles.)
  • Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick. Sigh. If I ever end up married to someone I need to walk a red carpet with, I hope we're like them.
  • I want to watch Grey Gardens. Let's have a Little Edie party, shall we?
  • Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer make an appearance. I heart everyone.
  • Jessica Lange. I still want to see Grey Gardens.
  • I've never understood the Kiefer Sutherland appeal. Maybe I should watch more 24.
  • Grey Gardens. Okay, okay, I get it. I'll watch it.
  • I should probably watch Little Dorritt too.
  • Jon Stewart's writers win. As they should.
  • The Oscars' opening number just won an Emmy. "This is ridiculous." I'm still impressed with Hugh Jackman's song-and-dance skills.
  • Ricky Gervais. He should host the Academy Awards. Or anything. Maybe just host a dinner party and invite me.
  • Yay for The Daily Show. Jon Stewart can join Ricky and I for dinner.
  • MICHAEL EMERSON!!!!!! Please watch Lost, folks. Please. One season left.
  • Cherry Jones. Supertalent.
  • In Memoriam. Sarah McLachlin is exquisite. And there are too many deaths. I don't like it. Stop the dying, folks. (RIP Michael Crichton. Patrick Swayze. David Carradine. Natasha Richardson. Paul Newman. Ed McMahon. Farrah Fawcett. Bea Arthur. Walter Cronkite. Michael Jackson....)
  • The Mad Men writers win. I would toast them, but my Diet Coke is empty. As is my ice-cream bowl. Someone, get me more ice cream!
  • Glenn Close is a glorious example of how to age. I'd be happy to look that elegant...tomorrow.
  • Glasses. Everyone is wearing them. EVERYONE. So I'm halfway to an Emmy already.
  • Bryan Cranston. Two years in a row. For a show I've never seen. "I feel like Cinderfella."
  • Bob Newhart = wonderful.
  • Best Comedy: 30 Rock. Tina Fey forever. I want her dress. And her career.
  • Sigourney. I like that she wore red with red hair. (So did Debra Messing. Also gorgeous.) Two thumbs up.
  • Best Drama: Mad Men. Cheers.
The end. You have no idea what just happened. So let me sum up:
  • Neil Patrick Harris makes me want to hug the world.
  • Writers who win awards make me want to write and win awards. Or write and win paychecks.

1 comment:

Cee Burr said...

I was wondering if you were going to do a play-by-play.