Monday, July 10, 2006

Recent Adventures

I'm a big fan of lists. I make them almost daily. So, in an effort to be true to myself, I will update you all in the form of a list. Apologies to those who aren't list fans. You may get a paragraph or two in the near future.

  1. Went to Awesome Cottage. Ben's blog sums it up best. It lived up to its name.
  2. I predicted the Italy win. (After I already lost the office pool).
    • Me: So, Italy's gonna win.
    • Everyone else: Uh, no, it'll be France.
  3. I only got bug bites on my right leg. Some swelling, but no disfigurement.
  4. I get to observe the L.A. trainer at work this week. Yes, I am paid to watch someone teach other people.
  5. Wendy is coming! Wendy is coming! (My ex-roommate, a Vancouverite now, is coming to TO this week).
  6. I got a wedding invitation today and got all intimidated by the "Nadine and guest" part. How do I know if there will be a "guest" in my life this fall?
  7. I haven't seen Pirates yet, but I'm excited to soon be a part of the ridiculous financial success the based-on-a-theme-park-ride film is experiencing.
  8. The cashier at the grocery store charged me twice for my chicken. Not for my cucumber, not for my tuna, for my chicken. The expensive item. Because I'm made of money.
  9. Just saw a trailer for The Prestige. So excited. Christian Bale and Christopher Nolan are my new favorite duo. Perhaps trumping Fred and Ginger.
That's about it for now. Off to pack a lunch, sip tea and go to bed early. I'm brilliant at being an old lady. I went to bed at 8:30 yesterday (cottage recovery).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i thought you were going to bed early. you just posted another blog.

your list inspired me. i am going to see pirates tonight. i will tell you how wonderful it is tomorrow.

i loved seeing you at The Cottage (it deserves capitals)

nadine said...

I know, I know. I'm too lazy to go to bed. I hate that. Now I'm really going...

Loved seeing you too. And yes, I think caps are appropriate.