Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Randomness Vol. 1

This is one of those blogs that has no real topic, just a bunch of random thoughts that have been running through my head all day.

  • Keanu Reeves is hilarious when you watch him at double speed.
  • I think I used to share a wardrobe with Stephanie Tanner. I wanted to be D.J. I wanted to marry Uncle Jesse. I was a messed-up kid.
  • Is The Killing Fields really an inspirational movie?
  • I suck at shopping. I tried to buy shoes, but ended up buying a gross sweater that I’ll be returning tomorrow.
  • Is it possible to eat too much lettuce?
  • Charles Price rocks. And is slightly psychic. Or actually in tune with God.
  • “The little punks have always counted.” – Meet John Doe
  • Why would someone start a rumour that Steve Urkel is dead?
  • I'm so glad Gene Kelly didn't become a lawyer.
  • I think my street smells like Minden, Ontario. I don't know why.
  • Cheering for England but betting on Argentina is like my parents cheering for me but betting on the other team: the smart thing to do.
  • I think I challenged a guy in LA to a fight. I know I challenged a guy in Toronto to a fight. Chicken.
  • The Pinky and the Brain theme song is too catchy for its own good.
  • I don't know what I'd do if I was stuck in a lifeboat with a Bengali tiger. Other than die. I'm no Pi. He should stick to taming tigers and leave the big sweeping God statements to people who know God. Like Oprah. Kidding.
  • Keira's Pride and Predjudice doesn't suck. It's actually quite good. No Colin Firth, but still, "You have bewitched me, body and soul" is pretty darn romantic. *Swoon*
So that's my head this lovely Wednesday evening. I'm half-watching AFI's 100 Years, 100 Cheers on TV. I don't know if I'll make it all the way through. I'll probably just read the final list online tomorrow. I get up at 6, peoples.

On now: "We'll always have Paris."

I swear, that movie is on every single best-movie list that has ever been created.
"And the greatest 80's horror flick is...Casablanca!"

Night, all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value. So eat away, (or not).

Anonymous said...

Nadine, you should know by now, that if Oprah says she knows God, she probably does. He/She probably attended that huge lunceon a few weeks back. Bahaha.

Anonymous said...

steve urkel, full house, a crush on uncle jesse! i hear you. were we really messed-up?

and please - can we hear the stories about your fight challenges???

nadine said...

1. Loving Full House doesn't make you messed up. Wanting to be D.J. and marry her uncle at the same time does.

2. The fight challenges:
a) I spent the whole morning concatenating reels (up to 6 people might work on the same movie, so I had to combine their work and make sure the whole thing ran smoothly = hence Keanu at double speed). Just as I finished, I noticed a guy in LA did it as well (we access the same network). I was not impressed. My supervisor said she was expecting it to come to blows (her money was on me). He didn't put up much of a fight, and my file reigned supreme. His was deleted, I believe.
b) The English point person (we'll call him Dave because that's his name) included a spelling mistake in one of his emails. Since he prides himself in perfection, I kindly and bluntly pointed it out. He then reforwarded some of my emails with added errors in them. This went on for a while until:

Me: You wanna take this outside? If I'm not there in 10 minutes, start without me.

Dave: Oh, it has already been broughten.

He didn't show. I totally would have taken him.

Anonymous said...

you are one of the funniest people i know. one of the funnest also. i think it would be hilarious to work with you. unless you got mad at me. then i'd be scared.