Sunday, July 22, 2007

Just Some Thoughts.

  1. Rainn Wilson spent last week directly across the street from where I work. I did not see him. I did see a U.S. Postal Box prop outside of the club they were shooting in, however, and one of the crew members smiled and said hello.
  2. I prefer Mission: Impossible (the ‘60s TV series) over The Mod Squad. In case you were wondering.
  3. Go see Hairspray. So. Much. Fun. Finally, a movie musical that delivers. And there’s a pink Cadillac with fabulous fins in one of the shots. My dream car.
  4. If John Travolta and Christopher Walken were my parents, I would be in therapy. But funny therapy.
  5. Christianity Today’s movie critics are my soul mates. They agreed with me about Rescue Dawn and Hairspray. As they did with Children of Men and Pan’s Labyrinth last year.
  6. There were no tomatoes at Food Basics today. None. No cherry, plum, roma, hot house or vine-ripened. Pathetic.
  7. There was no tuna at Food Basics. There never is. I think this is the sixth trip in a row where I’ve left tuna-less.
  8. I need to build some muscle. I think my arms are getting skinnier.
  9. I’m completely enthralled with Scoop on the Food Network. I want to invent a Haagen-Dazs flavor too.
  10. Sometimes I get weird food cravings. This week, I just had to have a McCain’s Deep ‘n Delicious chocolate cake. Fortunately, it was on sale and I found a coupon. Cake for less than $2 makes me happy.
  11. In three days, I will be celebrating the 7-month anniversary of my relationship with my yellow umbrella. His name is Bert (as he reminds me of Big Bird. This makes sense in my head).
  12. Five days ago was the 11-month anniversary of my last birthday. Which means you all have less than a month to prep for the big day.
  13. I’ve been Diet Coke-less since Thursday. There was an intervention at work.
  14. I baked a great chicken dish today with mushrooms, onion, zucchini, and diced tomatoes. I’m lazy during the week, so this way I have a pre-made lunch for the first couple of days.
  15. Weekends are too short.
  16. I miss my old bus driver. He was on time and made fun of me. The new guy is late and polite.
  17. Seventeen is my favorite number. So I will end here.
P.S. Mandy Patinkin mysteriously quit Criminal Minds. His rumored replacement? Geena Davis. Man, TV world is so weird. Maybe I could replace Grissom.

No comments: