Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lost

NOTE: This may contain Lost spoilers, so if you taped last night’s episode and haven’t seen it yet, run away. Do not read. Do not pass go. Give me $200.

This afternoon, a coworker emailed me a photo of Matthew Fox soaking wet. I’m not sure why I’m supposed to think that drenched men are sexier than dry men, but I just laughed and sent her a photo of Geoffrey Rush. Yeah, it was that kind of day.

For those of you who are Lost-unaware, the finale aired last night and totally rearranged my brain. I’m not sure if the future is the present and the present is the past, or if the future is still the future and is therefore alterable. Or maybe we’re talking parallel universes. Craziness. Too bad about Jack’s incredibly fake beard. And is his dad alive? Who’s in the coffin? Why am I asking questions that I don’t really want answered?

Here are my favorite sound bites of the night (in chronological order):

  1. I am a dentist; I am not Rambo.
  2. What did you do for a living before you became Moses?
  3. Because I love you.
  4. Alex, this is your mother.
  5. That’s for taking the kid off the raft.
  6. We were not supposed to leave.

So much better than two hours of Ryan Seacrest waxing poetic about the meaning of “idolness.”

Now, in the words of the uber-stylish Tim Gunn, “Carry on.”

No comments: