Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's in the bag.


I carry an unusually large bag. Sure, it may be a trendy thing to do, but I'm not really that hung up on looking like Jessica Simpson when I leave my apartment at 7:10 every morning. The trend just happens to coincide with my habit of lugging everything I own with me everywhere.

But lately, it's been almost too full. Too heavy. So I thought I'd take an inventory of what's inside.

Things in my bag today, not counting the pockets stuffed with coupons, a dryer sheet (for those static days), keys and unmentionables:
  • Nalgene (750 mL)
  • Lunch (sandwich container, 2 smaller ones for grapes and almonds)
  • 75% dark chocolate bar
  • Weekly planner
  • SpongeBob notebook (filled with scribbles about end credits and grocery lists)
  • Mere Christianity
  • Wallet
  • Checkbook
  • Pens
  • Cell phone
  • Tylenol
  • Lozenges
  • Glasses case
  • Snow White clutch filled with lip gloss
  • Kleenex
  • Indoor scarf (since I wanted to wear a winter scarf with my coat and didn't want to double-up)
  • Freebie newspaper
  • Gum
  • Toothbrush and paste
  • Deodorant
  • Band-Aids
In case of any emergency, I'm ready. I'm the office pharmacy. I don't have to swing by my place after work if I decide to go somewhere in the evening. And on rainy days, I manage to stuff Bert the Umbrella in there too.

3 comments:

michael lewis said...

Nalgene?? Obviously you haven't heard. I've switched to stainless steel.

nadine said...

I didn't bring my Nalgene today.
Thanks, Michael, for saving my life.

michael lewis said...

Sadly, my new Bilt stainless steel bottle has a huge wide mouth; last night at the gym while pathetically running (it feels like running, but the reflection in the window displays an awkward trot or gait) I slopped water all over myself and the treadmill because the wide mouth is so obscenely wide!

I will need to discover an alternative for running.